Sunday, May 22, 2005

What's Old Is New Again

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I was in college. At that time, I carved exclusively in linoleum. One of my favorite images at the time was the bird you see at the top of this post. The "EM" stands for my maiden name initials.

I had totally forgotten about the carving, but it resurfaced earlier this year, printed on some stationery I had given my mom. I decided to revamp this carving, since the linoleum block had long ago disappeared and I still really liked the image.

So I recarved the image in Marscarve (a soft block carving material), adding a border of my own design. I left off the initials this time, electing to sign each print in pencil. The new bird carving is shown in the bottom image.

More soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails