Friday, December 16, 2005

Happy Christmas!


Christmas Card Engineering

Here's this year's Christmas card!

To make it, I stamped various images I've carved over the years on paper, cut them out, mounted them on small units of cardstock, and then assembled the images collage-style on background paper. I then scanned the entire thing at 300 dpi and printed it on glossy photo paper. I cut out the result and mounted it on quarter-fold card. An inside greeting liner on white paper was also added.

But, I didn't make enough of these kind of cards, and time was running short. So in a page layout program, I imported the image and created a quarter fold card with greeting, all on one sheet. I printed it out, folded it, and there was a "quickie" card--pretty much as nice as the hand-assembled one described above.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails