Friday, January 13, 2006

Craft Podcasts

A person with an iPod is a dangerous thing. Being somewhat conservative, I only tried podcasting until this week. Now I am hooked. I found out that the iTunes store provides free podcasts, and I downloaded two on crafting that I want to tell you about.

For those of you who have not ventured into the current, podcasting is sort of like a radio broadcast on a special topic. You can listen to podcasts on your computer or download them to a portable player (like an iPod). That, folks, is the extent of my technical knowledge. I just press the download button. It could be magic, for all I know!

Crafty Chica

Being latina myself, the name of this craft podcast ("craftcast"?) appealed to me. Hosted by Kathy Cano Murillo, a craft diva who really loves glitter, the podcasts I listened to were full of latin music, fun and crafts! Everything from a glittered plastic cactus project to loteria Christmas ornaments to reviews of other "craftinas" (crafts + latina = craftina) like Jackie Guerra. Charming and fun, you might want to check this one out, especially if you like crafts with a latin touch. And don't forget to visit her site, www.craftychica.com. You can sign up for her podcast from this site or from the iTunes store.

Knitting Newscast

Hosted by charming Texan Rhonda Bell, listen to this podcast for all things knitting. The show I listened to was about felting, and Rhonda shared some interesting tips that will help me with my next felting project. She also reviewed several knitting websites that I didn't know about and that I eagerly visited as I was listening to the podcast. Visit her site at www.knittingnewscast.com to sign up for her podcast, view her program notes, and see what else she's up to! You can also sign up for this craftcast at the iTunes store.

Podcasts are short programs, which fits right in with my busy and distracted lifestyle. It'll be awesome when podcasts are accompanied by video so that I can upgrade my 'Pod and see pictures of the craft projects, too!

More soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails