Tuesday, May 30, 2006

First Quilt


I realize I never posted my first quilt project. Here it is. I made this quilt during a beginning quilting class I took in August 2005 at Threadneedle Street, the quilting shop only 10 minutes from my home. The shop is quaintly housed in a turn of the century building with wood floors, narrow stairs (to the second story classroom) and floor to ceiling shelves of fabrics in delicious colors. Over six weeks we cut, sewed, quilted and bound this modified nine-patch crib-size quilt. I chose a combination of Australian aborigine print fabrics in oranges, gold and black. I love the way it turned out. Since then, I have washed it several times and it is being much loved as a cozy TV blanket in my living room. More soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails