Sunday, July 30, 2006

New ATC Group!


A fellow artist, Debby, invited me to join her new Yahoogroup, MailArtByDesign. I know Debby from participating in her "Seeing Red" ATC swap, where we traded collaged artist trading cards with a red theme. This is one of the cards I sent her, made with some elements from ArtChixStudio.

I encourage you to join this group if you like to collage using vintage images and ephemera. This is something I just started dabbling in this year, and I am enjoying it. It's just plain fun to take a funky old image, and mess around pasting it up with snippets of paper, fibers, doo-dads and other stuff. And making a trading card is achievable in one evening. I like to add quotations to mine. They add to the mood and it's fun to imagine what some of these vintage ladies are thinking!

So check out the group here. I'll post some of my collaged ATCs in the future.

More soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails