Sunday, August 20, 2006

Stamp Convention!

"Wish I could meet Frida" Artist Trading Card I made for the Show Competition. (Purple border is not part of the card.)

Yesterday I went to the Heirloom Rubber Stamp Show in Rockford, Illinois. I went with my friend Audrey from work, who is also a stamping aficionado. I made the card above for the Artist Trading Card Competition. It did not win anything, but I certainly learned a lot while making it, especially on how to effectively color slide frames (surrounding her face). I used sponged ink in two different colors and then stamped on the dots. I also used a gold Krylon paint pen around the edges. Its chiseled tip makes a nice, neat line without a lot of effort. Favorite vendors at the show were Stamp Camp, Lost Coast Designs, Some Assembly Required and Stampland Chicago (whose owner, Picasso Gaglione, is also a stamp carver). I had not attended a show in several years, so it was nice to wander among the booths, see new innovations, and chat "stamp" with other attendees. There was a lot of interest in stamps for creating ATCs (artist trading cards) and an increased interest in vintage images over "cute." All in all, it was a great day and I had fun. More soon!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I like this a lot. The gold and pinkish/red looks very royal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails