Thursday, October 05, 2006

Leaf Sampler



Autumn is a second spring when every leaf's a flower, claims Albert Camus. Inspired, I put together this sampler of leaf prints made from stamps I've designed and carved. The two Japanese maple leaf carvings were created from the outline of a real leaf from the Japanese maple tree I had when I lived in Columbia, SC. I love leaf shapes and especially their colors during the fall season. It's wonderful to be surrounded by color wherever you go outside. It's like the last light of summer before the sleep of winter, like a gaily dressed crowd waving their hands towards heaven. I'm submitting this sampler as my page in the Swapzine, a carved stamp magazine hosted by Kerrin, another carving friend. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I really like the Leaf Sampler. My favorite leaf is the one on the far right in the middle row.

Related Posts with Thumbnails