Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My First Amigurumi


This is Pablito the Penguin, my first amigurumi mascot.
I crocheted him from a pattern created by fellow crafter Ana Paula (view her Etsy shop). Amigurumi are Japanese crochet animals that you make yourself. Google this term and you'll see just how many hits you'll get of these winsome creatures. I couldn't help it, but when I first discovered them, I knew I had to learn to make them. They are just too cute, and I fall hard for stuffies and plushies of animals. It's pitiful, I know, but don't you think this little penguin is adorable? Amis are single-crocheted in the round, and even a newer crocheter like myself could handle this project. I encourage you to try it!

By the way, I've posted two more items to my own Etsy shop. Please visit!

More crafty fun soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really cool. Reminds me of the Superbear you made for my daughter

Related Posts with Thumbnails