Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Celtic ATCs

Here are my Celtic ATCs for a swap hosted by MailArtByDesign. They are also my first ATCs of 2007! I like Celtic art but wanted to do more than just display knotwork on my cards. The stylized woman's face and the armless figure are clipart from Dover Publications. I believe these are excerpted from the Book of Kells. It's interesting to note the similarities to Byzantine art, even though there was an enormous distance (for the ancient world) between Byzantium in eastern Europe and Britannia. The tiny crowns are stamped using a stamp I carved. I used various snippets of paper to further decorate the cards. (To see a larger view of the cards, simply click on the picture.) I hope you enjoy viewing these! More art soon...

1 comment:

Kris said...

I like these. Do your "swopping" buddies have web sites too?

Related Posts with Thumbnails