Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Granny Madness!

Granny square madness has hit the Internet and I've joined in. Here is the start of what I hope will be a giant granny square afghan with each row a different color. It's about a foot square so far. I'm using a size I hook and acrylic yarn from the stash I inherited from my mom. I'll just go round and round 'til it's a good size to cover my legs when I'm on the sofa this winter. Daisy, my dog, has already tried to get underneath--signaling her approval!

To learn how to crochet a granny square, check out this YouTube tutorial. To see some excellent photos of granny square projects by folks all over the world, check out this granny square flickr gallery. And to read more about granny madness, check out this blog. Enjoy! More art soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails