Monday, April 09, 2007

Pascha Joys

Here are some Pascha crafts from our table yesterday! Pascha--Passover--is how we Orthodox refer to Easter. For my four boys, I crocheted some amigurumi "nests" from a pattern by Amy Gaines (formerly known as "purl"). I ran out of time to crochet the eggs, so I substituted chocolate ones (which the boys preferred, I am sure). The glass vase is full of Russian-style eggs crafted from plastic eggs and egg "wraps" from Conciliar Press. The wraps are plastic sleeves which are placed around the egg and then shrunken using heat. (I used the heat gun I have for embossing powder onto rubber stamped designs. It worked great and took only minutes per egg.) These are so pretty, I am storing them for next year's Pascha table. Eggs play an important part in Orthodox tradition, representing the new life and rebirth in Christ. I hope your Pascha was a blessed day! More art soon...

2 comments:

Marylouise said...

I've been trying to find these egg "wraps"... don't see them on that web site. blessed Pascha.

Else10 said...

The website no longer carries them, it seems. I'm sorry! However, you can find them on another site: http://www.slovakshop.com/heritage/heritage_easter.htm. Hope this info is helpful! Blessed Pascha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails