Saturday, June 23, 2007

Pretty Posy & More


Here's a neat crocheted flower I made from Echoes of a Dream's tutorial. I like this so much I've added it to my Tutorials section. However, I modified the instructions a bit, so instead of the first step Echoes posted, do this:

"With the first colour, in this case pink, chain 6 and join to make a circle. Into the circle-space, dc, then ch 2. Do this seven more times (you will have 8 "spokes"). Join up the circle with a sl st into the top of the first dc. Chain 1."

If you do this right, your pink flower layer will look just like the first picture of the tutorial. Proceed with the rest of the steps as written.

This flower was crocheted with worsted weight yarn and a size H (USA) hook. It makes a large-ish flower, about three inches across. I think a flower like this would look great on a purse or even decorating a gift! Works up fast, too.

Echoes of a Dream is a lovely site in the UK featuring crafts and luscious photos of the English countryside. It's like visiting overseas! More art soon!

1 comment:

Heather Robinson said...

You just make me want to pick up a crochet hook and get creating. This is a great flower and you have used beautiful colours of yarn to create it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails