Saturday, July 28, 2007

Heaven & Earth

Heaven and earth is what I call this composition of 16 carved stamps. Based on the verse, "Heaven and earth are full of [God's] glory," I wanted to represent the beauty of nature. I also made a seventeenth stamp, of rain, but didn't incorporate it into the finished piece. I created this piece for the carved Swapzine August issue. It was fun to think of the separate images, carve them, and then create this finished work. I added small details with a black marker (grass, bubbles in water, branch in bird's beak, dashed lines). I'll be able to re-use these images in smaller compositions, too. If you'd like to learn to carve your own stamps, check out the tutorial in the Web tutorials section at right. It's awesome! More art soon. . .

2 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

What a joyous set of carved stamps...love them.

Holly said...

I love the birds and the leaves! Cute cute cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails