Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Sisters" Traveling Journal

It's hard to believe that the traveling journal project I'm in is winding down--it's Fall and we are two-thirds done! Here is my latest contribution, in Saundra's "Sisters" journal. Her whole theme made me think of photo album pages, so I tried to create that look here with some vintage photos and sisterly quotations. The smaller photos are actually horizontal format ATCs. I love the photo of the two elderly ladies. You can just hear them giggling and laughing like two young girls. Sisters can always be young together!

Saundra's was also an old made-over ("altered") book, so I worked directly on the text pages. I used some walnut ink in a spray bottle to lightly mist the pages, then I overstamped them with a tiny leaf print in green. I used a variety of torn papers and ephemera--buttons, lace, flowers, a dimensional sticker, a letter tile-- to fill out the composition. The journal is now on its way to the next artist! More art soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails