Friday, November 16, 2007

A Trip to Mexico

Orange altered photos were the subject of Stacha's traveling journal. I decided to take two old photos from a trip to Chichen Itza, Mexico, scan them, then alter them in Photoshop and by hand. (I traveled there with my family in 1983, when I was in graduate school.) I added orange brush strokes in Photoshop and also used orange markers on the pictures. Then I layered them over orange papers and added Mexican rubber stamp motifs, torn paper, orange flowers, vintage images and two orange crepe paper flowers from Mexico, tied with orange twine. Orange is a challenging color to work with--but I think I pulled it off!
More art soon . . .

2 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

I love the texture in these pages. That is one amazing journal as are they all. I can't believe that we'll be receiving our own home soon! Wonderful work, Else.

Debby Harriettha said...

Great pages Else. I have really enjoyed your pages that I have seen, beautiful work.

Love your fall tree and your front door. Your art room looks great also.

Debby

Related Posts with Thumbnails