Friday, December 28, 2007

Shroomie Fun & Snow!

I love smiling 'shrooms, can you tell? Here are some of the 'shroomie crafts I completed during December (when I should have been doing holiday chores, but that's another story). First, I crocheted these mushroom amigurumis from a pattern made by my friend Ana.

I then turned to carving some cute 'shroom stamps. I'm happy with how these turned out. They are two-part stamps; first I stamp the outline, and then choose a color for the cap and stamp that on top, carefully aligning the two images. If my hands don't shake too much, they come out okay!

It also snowed today . . . some of the last flakes of 2007, I'll bet. It made everything look sugar-coated and like fairyland, as the birdbath fairy can attest, below.

This will be my last post for 2007. May you have a blessed New Year, and may all your dreams come true in 2008! More art next year!

7 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

Your knit creations never fail to make me smile. I love how you've created a stamp from your design. Sure have enjoyed getting to know you and your artwork this year via our Round Robin. Thank you so much for sending the wonderful card at Christmas. Happy New Year.

Megan said...

I just discovered your blog and have to tell you that the mushrooms are wonderful! The cute mushroom stamp may be responsible for pushing me over the edge on my way to carving my own stamps. What material do you use for them? Are they erasers?

Else10 said...

Hi Megan, thanks for visiting! I use dollar store white plastic erasers a lot, and Staedler Mars erasers, too. Check out the NASCO link under "Supplies" in the right hand column, and the Carve a Stamp online class under "Tutorials" for more info. Have fun!

planetjune said...

Aww, I LOVE your shroom stamp! It's so cute. I can't believe you can align the second colour properly - I don't think I could do that!

Ravenhill said...

Thank you Megan for visiting! Your mushrooms are so cute! They look like a blast to make.

Lovelyart said...

Que cucada! yo tambiƩn estoy en Bellas artes

matushkadonna said...

ha ha, how cute! Thanks for commenting on my Deja Pubd blog, glad you liked the story!

Related Posts with Thumbnails