Monday, January 21, 2008

Babushka Stamps

Here's what I worked on today, supposedly the "most depressing day of the year." The only depressing thing about it (after all, it was a day off work for me!) was that I was recovering from a hideous migraine from the day before. But I was feeling better so I decided to start carving these babushka stamps inspired by my unazukin, Clover. They are multi-part stamps, so I can switch colors and make all kinds of variations. For these, I used dollar-store eraser scraps and Staedler Marscarve white carving blocks.

I've got another stamp planned, this one with closed eyes, but that will have to wait 'til later this week. It will be fun to use these stamps on some fun correspondence cards, as envelope decorations, and maybe on some bookmarks. The finished print is about 1.5 inches tall. More art soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails