Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Year, New Stuff!

Peppi the Cotton Dog barks "Happy New Year!" I hope everyone has gotten off to a great start in 2008. My year began with an out-of-town work conference that put a real glitch into my Christmas "ramping-down" and crafting. In other words, I got a late start crafting and blogging. Nevertheless, I'm back with some new stuff to start 2008 off right!

Peppi is my first amigurumi of 2008. I crocheted him using a pattern in the book, Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Amigurumi. He is made out of crochet cotton, and I added the little dog bone buttons to his sweater and sewed his bandanna out of cute cotton fabric. I'm really happy with how he turned out, with his happy, smirky face and bright blue eyes. I'm creating some more accessories for Peppi; hope to show you those soon!

And here's Dinara with a new sweater that I knitted during my work trip. I added the leaf applique and crocheted around all the edges with dark green yarn. It's nice to have new clothes! See more pictures of Dinara past and present on my flickr.

Oh! Here is my "black hole for money" collectible for 2008 and a new friend for the Shroomies (who are all still unnamed; any suggestions?). Clover the Unazukin is a little plastic Japanese toy doll that nods and shakes her head when you talk to her. She reminds me of those Russian matryoshka nesting dolls. Utter cuteness, who can resist? I learned about these from fellow blogger Berrysprite and purchased Clover from firebox.com, a great little UK company that has all kinds of gizmos and gadgets and fun for all kinds of geeks.

Finally, here is my friend Kris with Graham the Dumpling amigurumi. Graham went to live with Kris at Christmas time. I guess they are both happy with the new arrangement! More art soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails