Tuesday, June 03, 2008

New Free Pattern, Cherry Hill and Framed!

Now you can make a ladybug amigurumi, too! You can download my pattern for FREE from the link in the right column. Vary the colors and make a rainbow of bugs. Enjoy!

My latest WIP is this lovely cross-stitch picture called "Cherry Hill." The pattern is by Country Cottage Needleworks and it uses some nifty dyed and variegated floss from Crescent Colours. I fell in love with the pink colors and even splurged on the vintage pink frame the designer used. I'm stitching on white Aida 14 count. I'll post another picture when it's completed!

This past Saturday I picked up my framed Jesus Prayer cross-stitch. I love the gold frame and how it accents the beadwork I used. You can download my pattern for FREE using the link in the right column. May you be blessed as you stitch. More art soon!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi,
I printed the instructions for the amigurumi ladybug and I'm a bit confused. The pattern mentions a base but I don't see anything in the picture that looks like a base. Is there a base in the picture? And is the base necessary?
thanks,
Peggy

Else10 said...

Hi Peggy, sorry for the confusion! The base is the bottom of the ladybug. You sew it onto the body (which is a dome). I hope this clears it up! Thanks for visiting!

Peggy said...

Thank you. Yes, I understood it as I was crocheting it.
I was under the impression that the "body" was the entire body and that the base would be a flat round disk the bug sat on.
I made it last night and my daughter loves it!

Else10 said...

Peggy, that's great! I'm so glad you and your daughter enjoyed this project. Blessings to you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails