Sunday, December 21, 2008

At the Arctic Front

It's nicely below zero today, but we are cozy here inside. Aged Daisy found out that lying near the fire is as good as a sunny window!

All around the house we have a bit of Christmas.

And some Christmas miracles--geraniums blooming.

And some Christmas crafting, a newly completed hat for a certain special man in my life.

The hat is the New York Hat by I live on a farm. I used Cascade 220 Tweed in this nice pumpkin color. I made various adjustments to make this a much bigger hat for a head of XL circumference. I'll post my adjustments to Ravelry soon.

I'm happy and looking forward to Christmas this year. I have TWO full weeks of vacation. I haven't had one that long in years. It is probably the best present I've had in a long time. I plan to rest, relax, read and cast-on for a new knitting project. A couple cups of hot cocoa along the way (with marshies, of course) will be most welcome, too...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails