Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm back--Blogging without Obligation

Go to this site. I am going to try to blog again, without obligation. This site helped me understand why I blog--and it's given me the confidence to stick to blogging without sticking to it, in a way.

Blog Discovery
I've found a new favorite blog, Resurrection Fern. This talented lady is a doctor and an artist. She crochets lace covers for rocks (among other things) and her blog is a delightful commentary on crafts, nature, and this-and-that. Please visit her! Her art is beautiful.

New Book
Look what I got! It arrived in today's mail from Amazon.com. It's Ana's new amigurumi book. Her designs are delightful and easy to make. I'm also glad to call Ana my friend.


Latest Proj
ects
Here are som
e projects I've recently completed. First, an amigurumi dog for my friend Vicki. He's named Scooter and you can find directions for him in Amy Gaines' delightful book.


I'm also doing some stitchery. Here's a pillow I made for my aunt from a PatternBee pattern. And one of two Mexican motif towels for my dad.



I've spent a lot of time reading lately. Some of my favorite reads have been "The Making of a Marchioness" by Frances Hodgson Burnett, "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle, and "Postcards from Across the Pond" by Michael Harling. "Postcards" has kept me laughing to tears; I heartily recommend it if you are an Anglophile.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

They are wonderful, I love the pillow! Glad you are still blogging.

Related Posts with Thumbnails