Monday, August 31, 2009

Retro the Owl

UPDATE! Pattern now available for sale in my etsy store!

Here is my newest amigurumi, Retro the Owl.
I love his big eyes and tiny beak. I crocheted him from my own pattern, inspired by little funky art images of owls from the 70s. Retro loves his little hat, but doesn't like it when people stare at him. He also likes ice cream and the moon. Retro doesn't know that I'll soon have a pattern to make him in my Etsy shop!

To make Retro, I used a variegated wool yarn for felting from Lion Brand, and a black acrylic yarn from my stash. His wings are mini granny triangles that look a lot like feathers! A cardboard disk in his bottom keeps him steady, and I stuffed him a third of the way with dried beans to give him some weight. His little hat is from my miniature stash.

Witchy Corn has also been joined by another amigurumi candy corn all dressed for Halloween (below). You can purchase this little corny flower power sibling in my Etsy shop now!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

THey are so cute. Love how you pose them! The Owl reminds me of Owly. Have you "read" those?

Related Posts with Thumbnails