Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Stone for Daisy

It's been a sad summer for me. At the end of June, my doggie Daisy passed away. She was 15. Her ashes are buried in my meditation garden, and I painted this stone for her. Whenever I was working on this small garden patch, Daisy loved to walk over everything just to get my attention. It seemed fitting to put her in this special place where she kept me company when I was gardening.

I wanted the stone to be cheerful and happy, just like Daisy was. I added the cross for blessing and victory over the grave (NIKE=victory). I know she is waiting across the Rainbow Bridge! I added a small painted portrait of her sweet face, and lots of daisy flowers.

Daisy always inspired my art and her company was precious to me as I worked in my art room. You can see some arts and crafts starring Daisy in her flickr set. I miss her peaceful presence as I craft and go about my daily activities. She was always so patient, waiting as I made "one more stitch" or stamped one more stamp. May the angels watch over her until I catch up with her!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That is so beautiful! I did not know you made a meditation garden. Do you have any pictures? I love the beautiful tribute to Daisy. It is perfect.

Else M Tennessen said...

Hi, Stacey, thanks for visiting my blog! You can see a few photos of my meditation garden (a small strip of land one side of my garage) starting with this flickr photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/else10/2616499187/in/set-72157600403531135/.

Related Posts with Thumbnails