Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mostly Weaving Sale


While visiting my friend Michelle in Minneapolis earlier this month, we hopped on over to the Mostly Weaving Annual Sale. This Prospect Park group of crafters has one sale per year, in the fall, where they show off and sell their wares -- everything from weavings, to knits, to potter, to jewelry and calligraphy. Handspun yarn was also to be had. The day was cold as it had snowed during the night, and all the crafts were displayed outside on blankets or in Mostly Weaving's outbuildings, one of which was lit by a lovely wood fire!


Here you can see pottery, teapots, weavings, and tea cozies that are woven and knitted. Everything was so textural and lovely!


This basket of handknit slippers was a welcome sight that snowy morning. I plan to find a pattern and knit some for myself.


These lovely Minnesota leaves mixed with the first snow of season--a surprise to Minneapolis that day! Michelle told me that it was the earliest she remembered it snowing in many years. However, this did not stop us from picking up some lovely treasures at Mostly Weaving. Our visit was a real treat!

See more of my Mostly Weaving and Minneapolis photos on my flickr. I'll slowly be uploading all my photos these next coming weeks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails