Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year - Random Ramblings


I've been busy in the background. Here are a few pics of my randomness over the last month or so.

Above is a tiny felted teacup pincushion I picked up at a small craft show held at my work. The artist who made the cushion takes thrift sweaters, felts them, and then creates small, cozy items like the pincushion to sell. Delightful!


I found a tiny forest about 3 blocks from home, in my subdivision. It's actually a heavily wooded lot that has been designated a "park." Lots of lovely trees, shrubs and tiny paths to enjoy. In this pic I am looking back at the street entrance. When I walked all the way to the other side of this woods, the landscape suddenly opened up to several acres of mowed farmland. Hard to believe this was in the middle of a suburban area!


I framed up some pictures of my favorite authoresses for my desk at the office. From left to right are Beatrix Potter, Jane Austen, and Laura Ingalls Wilder. Not only were these women great writers, they were also independent, strong and faithful ladies who were rebels in their time! They truly deserve their jeweled frames.


Yesterday, my son Zack and I finally had a chance to visit the Lego Store at our local mall. My boys grew up on Legos (and still play with them!) and this store was like lego heaven on earth. This shot is of the back wall of the store--about 12 feet high--covered floor to ceiling with open bins of different lego pieces. One could grab a bag and mix and match a custom lego set (or just stock up on different pieces)! All of us parents there were as ga-ga as the kids.

Finally, may I recommend a movie? I just saw Julie and Julia and can't say enough good about it. Entertaining, tender, happy, and full of great food--don't miss it. Meryl Streep is brilliant as always. The movie has spurred me to read My Life in France by Julia Child and now on my Kindle. This is a great read and you can hear Julia's delightful laugh throughout.

Happy 2010 to all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails