Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bits of Blue and Green


Blue is my favorite color so I always find myself gravitating to using blue in projects. It's like I can't help myself! The tray above contains two new blue items I've made lately.


Violets are one of my favorite flowers, and they are favorites of one of my dear friends in the snowy north, too. Here is a tiny crocheted bunch that I've made into a pin. I'm sending it on its way via snail post today. I hope she'll be surprised!


Here is my first biscornu! A biscornu is a sort of eight-sided biscuit-shaped tuffet that you can make out of two squares of fabric. Above and below you can see the two sides of the one I cross-stitched. I used a dark blue variegated floss. In the light, the blues in the floss change from light to dark, like peacock feathers. The photos don't do it justice.


Finally, here's a bit o' green: Hobbit Tea! It arrived yesterday in the mail. Can't wait to brew up a pot this afternoon! It's snowy and chilly outside, so it will be perfect when I arrive home after my errands later today. I'll bet that if I close my eyes while drinking this tea, I can imagine I'm living in the Shire! Y'all have a great day! More art soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails