Monday, October 18, 2010

Doodling around

Here's what I embroidered using motifs from Aimee Ray's new book Doodlestitching: The Motif Collection. I love how this turned out!


Both the flower and the hedgehog are separate motifs that I combined in a wreath arrangement. I added the grass and the french knots.

To complete the in-hoop mounting as described in Aimee's FABU book, I wrapped the hoop in some lovely blue hem tape and completed the top with a ribbon. Oh, I also covered my stitches in back with some contrasting fabric. Here is how the back looks:


Aimee's book is fantastic. Each one of the 400+ designs can be combined in endless combinations for a cute effect. The book comes with a CD so you can cut and paste the designs together in any kind of graphics program. Truly very fun! To learn more about Aimee, check out her blog and her etsy store. She is truly a creative gal with a keen sense of color, design and fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails