Wednesday, February 02, 2011

It snowed a little

Our backyard--drifts range from 3 to 6 feet high.
It's almost 8 a.m. and here is a view of our backyard. The snow is still coming down, like fine dust. The plough has come through twice, but the drifts are so high in front of everyone's garage doors that it will take hours to access the streets. This is indeed a "weather event."

I worked from home yesterday, planning in advance so I'd be home when the storm hit. Even so, my work announced we expected "heavy snowfall." Talk about denial. I was ROFL. By 1:30 p.m. it was "obvious" this was really going to be a blizzard as the weather people predicted. Today work was actually CANCELLED except for "essential personnel." I don't know how they will live without the revenue, ha ha. Pardon my cynicism, but I've been absolutely disgusted with my company's emphasis on safety and then insisting almost all day yesterday that folks would be expected to report to work today.

So I guess it snowed a little. More photos on my flickr.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails