Friday, February 04, 2011

My first Amineko!


Here is my first amineko ("crocheted cat" in Japanese), Pepper. She likes to snooze on top of my books.

I crocheted Pepper from the book, Hello, My Name is Amineko: The Story of a Crafty Crochet Cat, by Nekoyama. The book contains all the instructions for making an amineko, including winsome photos and captions of finished cats doing all sorts of things. You can also make accessories for your cat, like a mini futon ensemble, pillows in the shapes of fishes, clothes, and sleeping bags. Very fun!

This really was an easy project. I used worsted weight yarn and a US F hook, and my cat turned out to be about 10 1/2 inches tall. A perfect size to be a friend to my Blythes:

Now I'm trying to decide what color my next cat will be!

1 comment:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

LOL! That is cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails