Monday, March 21, 2011

My first Postcrossings!

A Postcrossing card from Debrecen, Hungary. This is the Reformed College there.

I've joined this fun group on the web called Postcrossing. You sign up, send out a postcard to the name given you, and then when it is received, you are eligible to receive a postcard from someone else. It's an international group and reminds me so much of exchanging mail with international pen pals when I was little. My mom got me involved with pen pals at an early age and I truly enjoyed it. I was able to practice my language skills (one of my pen pals was French) and I learned a lot about other countries, too.

A beautiful forest glen scene from Scotland.

Today when I got home from work I found not one, but two Postcrossing postcards addressed to me! These are my first receipts from this great group. Participants in Postcrossing are of all ages--children to adults--and when you receive your addresses, you also can read the profiles of the folks you are sending to. So it's personal, fun, and you get to see the world through your mailbox! Thanks, Frank and Ally, for these great cards!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails