Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Garden-y Goodness

Hardy "Lime" hydrangea

There's nothing like a trip to the garden center to pick up my spirits. Above is one of my new plant children, a hardy (read=will survive on less water) hydrangea with pale lime blooms. It's adorable. Right now it's about two feet tall and is supposed to grow up to six feet or so. I truly love it.

New front garden perennial plantings

This year my husband dug out an area next to our front stoop for a perennial garden. I've wanted this for a long time and look forward to seeing these new plant children grow and flourish! We planted yarrow, cone flowers, white lavender, larkspur, and a balloon flower plant. And of course, I had to add a statue to this mix--a watchful owl in a sort of art-deco style. Sigh. Gardens are bliss. 

My flickr has more garden closeups here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails