Saturday, December 31, 2011

Some lovely gifts :)


I received some lovely gifts for Christmas; several were handmade! The beautiful runner shown above was made for me by Anita. The white panels are hand-stitched with flowers and the rest is quilted by hand. It's truly a work of art!


Here is a close-up of the left-hand side. The stitches are done in a soft green and are so tiny and perfect!


Here is a close-up of the right-hand side. I love the details on each of the flowers! The embroidered label on the reverse commemorates the gift. Thank you, Anita, for this most precious present!


My friend Michelle sent me a handmade Navajo doll she bought for me in Arizona. I love Navajo dollwork but until now did not have one of my own.


She wears the typical flowing skirt, black shirt and beadwork accents and her hair is gently parted in the center. UPDATE: I have named her "Chitsa," which means "fair." :)


Handmade gifts are a blessing!

2 comments:

Cat said...

What beautiful gifts
Anita is so talented and generous with her gifts!

AnitaS said...

The doll is very lovely. Haooy New Year,

Related Posts with Thumbnails