Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy 2012!

Taken with my new Sony DSC-HX9V camera, no touch up.

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope yours is off to a great start. Above is the first thing I made this new year--a new year's card featuring Father Time. The vintage graphic is a freebie from The Graphics Fairy. Her blog is a splendid resource for images to use on art projects and more.

I try not to make resolutions--they seem too much like promises to me, and I'll feel guilty if I don't keep them. But here are some of the things I'd like to do more of in 2012:

--Pray more. Grow spiritually.
--Breathe more. Be in the moment. Take one day at a time.
--Do more for others.
--Read and write more.
--Craft with what I have, instead of accumulating more crafty stuff (this one will be hard!).
--Spend less.

One thing I will be doing is learning to play the Native American flute. I've made the contacts, found a learning group, and can hopefully begin this month.

My other big thing is my trip to Scotland and Ireland beginning 27 January. I'm so excited about this! I'll blog more about my upcoming trip on this blog. Stay tuned!

Have a blessed and happy new year, full of peace, health and goodness. God bless!

2 comments:

Cat said...

How exciting you have a big trip coming up - so do we - I LOVE the card you made

AnitaS said...

Happy New year for you too. This year I will take it as it comes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails