Thursday, January 05, 2012

Three words


Yesterday I was reading a post on Dan Curtis' blog. He was talking about choosing three words to represent his resolutions for 2012, an idea he gleaned from Chris Brogan's blog.

I like this concept because it is 1) easy to remember, and 2) can reflect my goals described in this post.

So here are my three words and why:

Breathe. I literally have to take a deep breath more often. I need to slow down and make room for stillness and thought. Like most of us, I rush through my day, going from one thing to another, trying to get as much done as possible. I know that my job and the world is on this track, but it's no way to live. My goal is to be more in the moment, take one thing at a time, and not worry about what's coming up in the future.

Pray. If I can do one thing for other people, it's pray. I believe God cares about others, about the world, and about me. Talking with Him is the most sensible thing I can do each day.

Create. I'd like to be more creative in everything I do. Being creative makes life fun and fills the world with a special kind of light. Surely even the most grudging tasks can be done in a new way. I want to practice thinking creatively, as well as crafting and writing creatively. It's so easy to imitate what others have done. Being creative means truly being "me" and no one else.

These three words naturally flow from one another. Breathing means stopping what I'm doing and being still. I cannot pray if I am not still. And I cannot live a creative life without checking in with the Creator of all.

What are your three words this year?

2 comments:

AnitaS said...

My three words are love, be patient and have respect.

Else M Tennessen said...

These are good words, Anita! Thank you for sharing them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails