Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A BFF wedding

Nothing is nicer than seeing your best friend marry her knight in shining armor. That's how I spent last week--in Minneapolis watching my best friend Michelle get married. I was her matron of honor.

We looked pretty good in our gowns, if I do say so myself.

Michelle and Else


Here is a cross stitch wedding sampler I made as one of her gifts.

Cross stitch I made for Michelle


On the Tuesday before the wedding, we spent a final "girls' day out" visiting the LeDuc-Simmons mansion in Hastings, MN. It is a restored Civil War "cottage" featuring lovely grounds, a barn, a round ice house, lovely furniture and quilts, and much more. Hastings also has a quaint main street with many antique shops, and we did plenty of browsing there.

LeDuc-Simmons Mansion


When the wedding day came, Michelle couldn't have looked prettier!

Michelle toasts


I love happy endings. You can see all my wedding week photos here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails