Saturday, February 02, 2013

February Table

My nature table is all about hearts this month!

February table

The happy couple
The happy couple says their vows. :)

My treasures include a romantic gnome scene under a new glass cloche, crafted hearts in a wooden dish, a bunny doll from Germany, and a favorite book, "Little Grey Rabbit's Valentine," by Alison Uttley. This is a re-bought version; I got a copy of this story many years ago from my Oma. As a little girl, I read the story many times, marveling at the beautiful little pictures of forest friends celebrating Valentine's day. The table cover is actually a tea-towel and the ceramic cottage was a special Christmas gift last year from my BFF, Michelle. So precious. See closeups of all these trinkets on my Flickr site.

For me, Valentine's Day is extra-special because my no. 2 son was born that day in 1987. Hope everyone has a wonderful "heart day"!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails