Monday, May 06, 2013

Quilt block of the month #1

Quilt of the month square one done!
Block #1 of Stonehenge
My friend Vicki convinced me to do a quilt-block-of-the-month club sponsored by Thimbles, a local quilt shop. The quilt is called "Stonehenge" and features a collection of mottled and variegated fabrics in stone and forest colors. We're getting together one Saturday a month to assemble our block for that month--mutually motivating and helping each other!

Here is the first block, complete! It is 9 inches square. The colors remind me of the Irish countryside I saw last year, so I will be completing each block by embroidering a Celtic motif in the center of it. I'll post of a pic of the embroidered block when I complete it.

At the end of 12 months, I'll have twelve blocks to assemble into a wall hanging. I think its calm and forest-y tones will be soothing and calming to look at!

1 comment:

AnitaS said...

What a lovely block you made. I like the idea of embroidery in the middle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails