Friday, November 15, 2013

Autumn Hexagons!

Latest progress on WildOlive hexie project #quilt
A portion of the Wild Olive Summer Stitching Club project!

Thanks to pen friend Anita, this summer I started making fabric hexagons for quilting projects. I worked through Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club to make a tiny quilt top. Each hexagon is either fabric or has a tiny embroidered design on it. I loved stitching these! (The hexagons are 2" tall.)

Now I'm working on  Wild Olive's Autumn Stitching Club. Fall is my favorite season, so I've really enjoyed stitching all these motifs, especially the pumpkin-themed ones: pumpkin bread,pumpkin pie, cup of pumpkin spice latte, and pumpkin donuts! These hexagons will eventually go on an appliqued pillow cover. The maple leaf is also one of my favorite designs. Autumn is coming to a close; soon this project will, too. 'Til later, friends!

wild olive autumn stitching club progress!
Wild Olive's Autumn Stitching club hexies

2 comments:

AnitaS said...

Nice that you are a hexagon addict now. The mebroidered hexagons are very lovely.

dosankodebbie said...

oh, how cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails