Friday, November 22, 2013

Doing Project Life

Working on #projectlife using #studiocalico items--fun!

Early this summer, I discovered Project Life and have been doing it every week since then.

What is Project Life? Well, it's an easy scrapbooking system consisting of pocket pages and preprinted cards for journaling and decoration. You mix and match your photos, cards and other elements to make a two-page spread of your week in pictures. On the journaling cards, you can describe your week, special events and other remembrances. I use a 12 x 12 inch binder, but you can also do mini journals with themes.

#projectlife @studio_calico left side

Why did this appeal to me? Well, after writing and editing all day at my job, I've found that it is hard to be consistent with keeping a personal, written journal--though I love doing it when I am in the mood. Project Life gives me the chance to keep a weekly record in words and pictures. And stuff doesn't have to "happen" -- sometimes I just commemorate ordinary things like stuff around my house, craft projects, special meals or things I see outside.

#projectlife @studio_calico right side

I'm hoping that my Project Life journals will be a record to leave to my kids about what filled my days and what was important...that life happens even in small moments, and that everything has its own importance. "Take joy in little things" -- and Project Life allows me to share that joy. :)

To learn more about Project Life, visit their website!

2 comments:

AnitaS said...

I think it is a wonderful project.

Introverted Art said...

oh this is coming out really pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails