Wednesday, November 05, 2014

December Daily 2014: First Thoughts


It's that time again--blogs and online scrapbook shops are starting to talk December Daily. So here are my first thoughts about how I'm going to do DD this year.

Last year was my first time doing December Daily (you can see my 2013 album here). I used the Studio Calico kit ($$$). I enjoyed the process and finished the album, but it was a LOT of work and I knew that I needed to do something simpler and less expensive this year.

This year, I am going to do December Daily within my 12x12 Project Life album. I've come up with a layout that will use four full spreads. Each day will be in a 4x6 pocket, reserving the center 3x4 pockets for additional photos, journaling cards, "bling", and etc. Here's a taste of how the layout will look, and you can download a pdf of the complete month's layout here.


I will also be using a printable journal kit as my base and inspiration. I've chosen Ephemera's Vintage Garden "Merry Melody." Designed by Debbie-Anne Parent in Canada, it features the palette I had already been thinking of using--red, white, and kraft. The kit also features touches of aqua. Perfect! Here's a video by Debbie about her new kit:


While the kit is supposed to be a stand-alone journal, I plan to print the pages, then make my 4x6 and 3x4 journal cards from her spreads. I will also make additional journaling cards using base cardstock of my chosen colors, and embellishing them on the way. I've been using Debbie's kits for all sorts of crafting for over a year. Her images, prints and design are the vintage style I love, and everything can be used in versatile ways.

I plan to blog each Wednesday through the week before Christmas about my December Daily efforts. Check back next week for a report on my progress towards DD 2014!

1 comment:

Debbie-Anne Parent said...

I look forward to seeing this project, Else! Thanks for the shoutout :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails