Wednesday, December 03, 2014

December Daily: Cover and Gear

Welcome back to my (almost) weekly posts about how I am doing December Daily within my 12 by 12 Project Life album. Here's my cover:

DD cover for my 12 x 12 album

(I removed the page from my album to photograph it.) Anyway, here's how I made this very easy and simple cover. Remember, I am using red, white, kraft and aqua as my color scheme this year.

Supplies I used

1 - 12x12 kraft Christmas paper from Jim Holtz Ideology line
Words I printed on my computer
3 - glittered chipboard snowflakes
Red Christmas-themed washi tape

How I did it

  1. I applied the washi tape all around the edge of the 12x12 sheet.
  2. On the back of the sheet, I used a ruler to draw lines so it would look like a PL page: two 4x6 pockets on top, four 3x4 pockets in the center, and two 4x6 pockets on the bottom. I then numbered each section so that when I cut it up, I could put it in the pockets in order. (Of course, you could also just use a single 12x12 page protector and not cut anything up, but I didn't have one.)
  3. I cut up the sheet and inserted all the pieces into the pockets of my "cover."
  4. I decorated selected pockets with the words and snowflakes. Done!

I've also collected my "gear" -- all the stuff I'm going to use to decorate my daily pockets. I bought only a few things this year: some more kraft cardstock, kraft doilies, red and white candy dots, and a few more scrapbooking things from the sale aisle at Michaels. I had LOTS of things left over from Studio Calico's December Daily box for 2013, so I'll re-use some of that, as well as other bits and bobs I bought last year.

So gathered all together, here's my stash for this year's December Daily. Yum!

Goodies for December Daily 2014

I've started my pockets for this first week of December. Come back next week to see my progress and individual pockets and journaling for December Daily 2014!

1 comment:

AnitaS said...

I love the way you do this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails